Fruit "n" Cheese Stuffed Lettuce
- Large solid head Iceberg lettuce
- 8 oz. Rouge et Noir Camembert (softened)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can pineapple slices (1/2 inch pcs.)
- 1 can peaches (1/2 inch pcs.)
- 1/2 cup unpeeled red apple (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
Wash and drain lettuce. Chill thoroughly. With stem end up, cut a core from center of head using a sharp grapefruit knife. Cut to within 1/2 inch of top of the head. With knife and finger, hollow out core to about 1 inch diameter.
Combine cheese at room temperature with lemon juice, until smooth. Add pineapple, peach and pear, unpeeled apple and chopped nuts. Stuff lettuce, chill until serving time.
Cut in wedges to serve.